About the Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks Course
What is Intellectual Property? Intellectual property is anything you can think of, write, record, create….just about anything you can think of can be patented, copyrighted or trademarked. The key is to know which category is the right one for your creation. This course will take you through the concept of Intellectual Property Rights as applied to the needs of small business owners in all categories.
Who Should Take This Course? This course is designed for any small business owner who may need to protect a design, a program, a photograph and more. Everyone who is operating a small business should take this course to learn how to protect your patents, copyrights and trademarks.
What This Course Offers: This course has 18 lessons that cover all aspects of intellectual property rights including patents, copyrights and trademarks. From the concept of why protect intellectual property rights to finding out exactly how you can protect your intellectual property. We take you step by step through the property protection categories, when to protect your property and steps to complete that protection. This course is based on a two-part course series: Intellectual Property Rights and Procedures, from the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
Course Download via PDF. At the end of the course you will be able to download the complete 18 lesson, 53 page Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks: Guide for Small Business for your permanent reference and study. This is a free addition to help you keep this important information for future reference as your business intellectual property grows and expands.
Video course overview from your instructor: Robert James FGA, GG
Your Instructor: Robert James FGA, GG holds three United States Registered Trademarks, has formally registered publications in the United States Copyright Office, has been party to a legal action that established case law regarding protection of Common Law Trademarks, and has successfully prevailed in a litigation case before the Uniform Dispute Resolution Process Arbitration Board regarding closing down fraudulent websites. Additional, Mr. James has complete the course program: Intellectual Property Law and Procedures from the University of Pennsylvania Law School. As your instructor, he is available to help you with any questions about your study. He can be reached through the Contact Us form from the drop-down menu at the top of this website.
Certificate of Completion: Once you complete your course study, you will take a final written exam which can be retaken as many times as necessary. The passing grade is 80% on all exams. After the successful completion of your final exam, you will be able to download and print your Certificate of Completion as a PDF file directly to your computer or printer. A permanent printed certificate with ISG seal will be sent from the Global Claims Associates office for your display and professional resume. Please allow 2 – 4 weeks for delivery, US addresses only.
No Monthly Dues or Membership Fees: At the Global Claims Associated, we do not believe you should have to pay monthly fees in order to have access to quality education and support.
- Watch the Videos and Read the Course Notes.
- Take the Final Exam.
- Print Your Certificate of Completion.
This is an online teaching course with written course notes to support the video information. The course is 20% video and 80% written notes. The course includes 18 lessons comprised of written course notes and embedded mobile-friendly videos. All course notes and video demonstrations are done in the GCA office by highly trained and experienced professionals to ensure the most up-to-date information is included in this course.
How to Begin:
- When you pay for this course using any credit card through our Stripe System or PayPal you will be able to start immediately.
- SSL Secure Payments can be made either through Stripe Payments for credit cards, or PayPal using any credit card or PayPal card using the PayPal payment system. You do not need to have a PayPal Account to use your credit card through PayPal. The Stripe Payment system is for general credit card use. Please follow these steps carefully.:
- Click on the BUY NOW button on the upper right side of this page.
- The payment gateway will take you through the PayPal or the Stripe payment systems. Both are SSL Secure payment systems. PayPal uses either a PayPal account or you can use other credit cards with PayPal without having a PayPal Account. Stripe is used for Mastercard and Visa and other cards also.
- Once you receive payment confirmation you will be brought back to your course to begin or to the JewelryAdjuster.com website. Either way, go to the course home page to begin. You can also access the course page through your Profile Page.
- Once you have returned to the course home page click the Start the Course button to begin.
- Once complete you can print your temporary Certificate of Completion. Your permanent certificate will be mailed from the ISG office. This is US addresses only.