ISG 2021 Recertification Course and Exam
ISG Graduates: Please read this entire page before attempting to start. This is a NEW registration. None of your previous ISG emails or student numbers are in the Global Claims Associates system. You must create a new registration. Please make sure you have your complete mailing address in your Global Claims Associates Student Profile. We will use that to update your ISG Registry and to mail your certificate and book.
What is the recertification exam? This is a 6 lesson mini-course with final exam that will provide the 2021 recertification requirement for all ISG Registered Gemologist Appraiser and Registered Gemologists.
Who Should Take This Course? Anyone who completed your RGA or RG prior to March 1, 2019 is required to take the 2 year recertification course and exam to maintain their title. The RGA and RG titles require 2 year recertification as outlined in our Student Registration Contract since our founding.
What This Course Offers: This course has 6 lessons that cover a variety of topics that are important to gemologist and appraisers, to keep you informed of the latest events in the industry. They also cover important business issues and ways to help maintain your growing business.
Certificate of Completion: Once you complete your course and exam, you can check your score by clicking on your Username at the top left of the page to go to your Student Profile. The ISG will send you the 2021 Recertification Certificate, along with Renee Newman’s book on Jewelry Metals.
FREE with your 2021 ISG Recertification: Gold, Platinum, Palladium, Silver and Other Jewelry Metals by Renee Newman. This book is being provided to our RGA and RG title holds to help you better understand the precious metals used in jewelry. The ISG is looking to expand our course list to precious metals but this important book will serve as a great reference now.
ISG Graduate Support Programs
Global Claims Associates Registry
All ISG Registered Gemologist Appraisers and Registered Gemologists are listed in the Global Claims Associates Registry that is provided to the insurance and legal industries.
Introduction to the Insurance Industry
The ISG offers a special program to help get our Graduates started in their professional careers. This starts with a formal letter of introduction from the Global Claims Associates office to insurance agents and adjusters in your area.
Introduction to Law Firms in your area
Our many years of working in jewelry related litigation with law firms in the US and Europe gives us the unique perspective of how to help you get going with your professional career working with law firms. Jewelry related litigation and legal assistance is an ongoing need for law firms.
Expert Witness Training and Support
Through our Global Claims Associates expertise, the ISG has many decades of experience working with major law firms to provide expert witness services. Being an expert witness entails far more than most gemologists realize. With our many years serving as an expert witness we can bring our knowledge and experience to our graduates.
Advanced Lab Support
At the ISG we realize that most gemologists and jewelry appraisers do not have the resources for the equipment and expertise to offer advanced gemological testing for your clients. Trying to pay the major labs for services is costly in both time and money. For this reason the ISG maintains a fully equipped advanced gemological laboratory that is at your service.
We believe that jewelry appraisers and gemologists should follow the same professional guidelines for maintaining credentials as the licensed insurance agents, adjusters, and legal professionals with whom we work. As a result we provide our graduates with a 2 year recertification course that helps ensure you that you are keeping up with the latest developments in the industry.
How to Begin:
- Create your free Registration by clicking the Sign Up button in the top left corner. You can view your Student Profile and get your grades by going back to your Student Profile page using this link.
- When you pay for this course using any credit card through our Stripe System or PayPal you will be able to start immediately.
- SSL Secure Payments can be made either through Stripe Payments for credit cards, or PayPal using any credit card or PayPal card using the PayPal payment system. You do not need to have a PayPal Account to use your credit card through PayPal. The Stripe Payment system is for general credit card use. Please follow these steps carefully.:
- Click on the BUY NOW button on the upper right side of this page.
- The payment gateway will take you through the PayPal or the Stripe payment systems. Both are SSL Secure payment systems. PayPal uses either a PayPal account or you can use other credit cards with PayPal without having a PayPal Account. Stripe is used for Mastercard and Visa and other cards also.
- Once you receive payment confirmation you will be brought back to your course to begin or to the JewelryAdjuster.com website. Either way, go to the course home page to begin. You can also access the course page through your Profile Page.
- Once you have returned to the course home page click the Start the Course button to begin.
- Your Recertification certificate will be mailed from the ISG office.